Veteran Jobs, Benefits, and Business Symposium
Wednesday October 30th, 2013
South Towne Expo Center
9575 S State St
Sandy, UT 84070
- Small Business Administration Resources available: Financing, Disadvantaged Business Certifications, etc.
- Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC); Government Contracting avenues available to Veterans
- Why Haven’t You Started Your Business Yet?
- During this Great Recession, high and long-term unemployment has led to an upsurge in new businesses as a viable supplement or alternative to employment. However, most new businesses fail within the first year for a number of reasons. If business owners begin their quest by first meeting with Utah Small Business Development Centers’ business experts and utilizing their mentoring, training and other programs, many fatal mistakes can be avoided. Learn how to avoid the mistakes that lead to failure and how to make the SBDC an important team member for guiding you to a successful business.
- Small Business Development Centers: How to Market, Create Business Plans and raise capital.
- Methods for Marketing to Government and Prime Contractors!
- In this session, Mr. Spence will present new tips and tricks from the recent 2013 Veterans Business Conference. Topics include what your website should contain, what large prime contractors are looking for in a small business subcontractor and the available resources to prepare you for success.
- How to do business with Hill Air Force Base
- Overview of the Air Force Small Business Program, focusing on that of Hill AFB, with a discussion of goals, role of the SB Office, DoD set-aside programs, coordination of proposed acquisitions, and acquisition planning.
- Will also discuss the common types of services and commidities that organizations acquire, how they procure them, and tips on finding opportunities.
- Opportunities through Goldman Sachs – 10,000 Small Businesses Program
- Veteran Resources offered through universities and colleges
- Importance of education to managing a business
- Choosing a school that meets your needs based on your goals
- Difference between National and Regional Accredited schools
- Different types of educational institutions- 2 yr and 4 yr schools and ATC’s
- How to apply for GI Bill Educational Benefits
- Laws and Regulations for using your education funds
- Other types of possible funding for your Education