- business iconBusiness
- press release iconPress Releases
- tourism and film iconTourism and Film
- social iconSocial
CBRE LEADS GLOBAL COMMERCIAL PROPERTY INVESTMENTMarch 21 2016 - 11:54 am
CBRE LEADS GLOBAL COMMERCIAL PROPERTY INVESTMENT
SALES ACTIVITY FOR FIFTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR
Salt Lake City, March 21, 2016 – CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG) was the top-ranked firm for commercial real estate investment sales throughout the world during 2015, according to Real Capital Analytics (RCA). CBRE has achieved the number one position in each of the five years that RCA has published global rankings.
RCA credited CBRE with 21.9% of market share* across all property types in 2015 on a global basis. CBRE is the top ranked firm in RCA’s global rankings for office, industrial, retail, apartment and development sites.
RCA—which tracks global commercial real estate sales of $10 million and greater—estimates that approximately $1.21 trillion of commercial real estate, excluding entity level transactions, was sold throughout the world in 2015. Indicative of its market share gains, CBRE’s investment sales volume grew at a faster pace than the market as a whole in 2015, rising by 30.7% to approximately $125.7 billion, according to RCA.
“We are working in an increasingly global and complex environment, and on more structural transactions; the capital is diverse and coming from every corner of the world. As advisors, we need to be connected to it and the capital to us. This has been a stellar year for our clients and CBRE is privileged to create real competitive advantage for them,” said Chris Ludeman, Global President, Capital Markets, CBRE.
Highlights from RCA’s 2015 rankings include:
- CBRE claimed the top position in office sales in 2015, with $52.8 billion in transactions—an increase in volume of 48.3% year-over-year. CBRE increased its office sales market share by 640 basis points (bps) in 2015 to 22.3%.
- CBRE also rose to the top position in retail sales, with $16.5 billion in transactions. CBRE increased its retail sales market share by 370 bps in 2015 to 17.4%.
- CBRE was again the top firm in logistics and industrial sales, with $18.4 billion in transactions and a market share of 32.5%, an increase of 250 bps.
- CBRE executed $26.6 billion in apartment sales, for an industry-leading market share of 23.6%.
- CBRE’s development site sales totaled $7.4 billion—an increase in volume of 94.7% year-over-year. CBRE increased its development site market share to 30.3%.
* Market share has been calculated based on the dollar volume of transactions where CBRE represented the seller, divided by the total volume of seller-brokered transactions.
About CBRE Group, Inc.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2015 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.