Small Business Development Centers
The Utah Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is a partnership of the Governor’s Office of Economic Development and Utah colleges and universities around the state, with funding in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. The Governor’s Office of Ecnominic Development plays a critical role in funding the Utah SBDC program statewide, providing over 20% of the overall program funding, supporting and directing development of the program, and providing the framework for collaboration statewide, especially in rural communities. Priorities include supporting market and industry research for small businesses, helping focus on outreach with an emphasis on small business expansion, and collaborating with other economic development partnerships.
Utah SBDC Vision: We are respected as a critical cornerstone in the development of small businesses in Utah as a result of effective and sought-after services throughout the state.
Mission: Strengthen Utah’s economic fabric and quality of life by facilitating the success and prosperity of small business endeavors.
The Utah SBDC serves the following clients:
- Individuals who are already in business and need help solving a business problem. Most frequent topics are: accounting, marketing, research, business plans, budgeting and management/operations.
- Company owners and managers who need help in their efforts to expand and grow.
- Company owners and managers seeking specialized training opportunities such as HR, accounting, etc.
- Minority and disadvantaged existing and pre-startup clients.
- Pre-startup clients interested in assessing the feasibility of a business idea.
To see SBDC services areas, click here.
Utah Small Business Development Center