GOED Fellows Program
The Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED) has developed a unique opportunity for Utah College students to participate in a year-long fellowship focused on gaining real world professional experience while helping to build Utah’s economy through various departments in the GOED organization.
GOED Fellows Mission Statement
The GOED Fellows are committed to promoting Utah’s local, national, and international credibility through a year-long commitment by assisting GOED in achieving the State’s goals and acting as GOED ambassadors, while also building personal professional development experiences.
GOED Fellows Assignment: Fellows are assigned to assist with specific department projects related to their respective areas of interest. Fellows may be asked to assist with clerical support, event support, and other office duties as needed. Fellows may also participate in a group-based project focused on the overarching economic development priorities of the GOED office.
GOED offers fellowship opportunities in the following areas:
- Marketing and Communication
- GOED Administration & Outdoor Recreation
- Business Intelligence
- Tourism & Film
- Corporate Recruitment
- International Trade and Diplomacy
- Science Technology Engineering Math (STEM) Action Center.
Professional Development: Fellows will be required to coordinate and participate in professional development activities such as: Brown Bag Lunch and Learn Series events, executive forums, company site visits, networking, job shadowing and mentoring, and attendance at various state, legislative, and other meetings.
GOED Fellows Eligibility:
- A Fellow must be in at least their senior year of their undergraduate program
- A Fellow must be committed to work for a year at a maximum of 25 hours per week
- A Fellow must engage in broad professional development exercises and gain work experience
- A Fellow must demonstrate strong communication (oral/written) skills, computer skills (email, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.), and subject matter knowledge to the area they are assigned (demonstrated through related coursework or work experience)
GOED Fellows Program Details:
|Click Here to Apply|
- Fellowships start in May and run for a full year
- Fellows typically work no more than 25 hours per week
- Applications are accepted for the GOED Fellows program between January 1 – March 31
Application Deadline: March 31
|State of Utah Jobs|