TCIP Grant Solicitation Information
IMPORTANT DATES FOR FY 2017 TCIP GRANT SOLICITATION:
- Pre-Application opens: October 1st, 2016 (9:00 AM MT))
- Application opens: October 1st, 2016 (9:00 AM MT)
- Application closes: October 31st, 2016 (5:00 PM MT)
- In person presentations: TBD
STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION PROCESS:
STEP 1: Mandatory Pre-Application, please CLICK HERE for the Online Pre-Application. (link will be available October 1st at 9:00 AM MT until October 31st at 5:00 PM MT) Note: In the “Application Title” field, please enter a nickname (15 characters or less) not a description. This nickname will be used to identify your application throughout the application process.
STEP 2: The Letter of Intent will be sent to you via email after you’ve successfully completed the Pre-Application. You will receive an additional email with further login information to enter the application portal only after signing the letter of intent.
STEP 3: Online Grant Application (ONLY after you have successfully completed and submitted the pre-application and letter of intent, and received the email with a link to the application portal where you can create your login) Note: Applications can be saved in draft form before submitting. You may resume editing your application by clicking the “My Applications” link on the top menu bar, and then clicking the “Edit” icon next to the application. We recommend saving the answers to the application on a static document as you go through the process to avoid any issues due to internet connectivity to avoid any information getting lost.
TCIP APPLICATION DOCUMENTS:
- A 10-slide PowerPoint Presentation of your proposal must be submitted along with your application. Please use this template for the 10 Slide Powerpoint Presentation. Formatting, font, color, etc. should remain the same. We recommend saving it as a PDF and submitting it in that format.
- A Capitalization Table that outlines the founders and investors percentage of ownership, equity dilution, and value of equity in each round of investment must be submitted. We recommend creating this in an Excel spreadsheet and submitting it as a PDF.
- Applicants have the option of uploading a maximum of 2 letters of recommendation to support their application.
- An optional Two Minute Video which focuses on the team and their roles as well as the technology and company can be submitted in the application. The first minute should be devoted specifically to introducing the team, their roles, and experience. The second minute should be about the technology & company regarding what sets it apart, the competitive landscape, and the value to the end user. Note: The url link to the video should be created in YouTube and submitted in the Application. Make sure the video is not marked as “private.” Private videos can only be viewed by someone logged into your account. If you would like to keep your video hidden to avoid others from viewing it, please mark it as “unlisted.” This will allow the reviewer to view the video without access problems.
PUBLIC INFORMATION NOTICE: Please note that all information provided in the TCIP grant application as well as during the in-person presentation to the TCIP Reviewers and the TCIP administrators and GOED staff, is public information. Applicants should be careful to not divulge any non-public, confidential, or proprietary information that they do not want disclosed as public information in the TCIP application and review process. We recommend reading through the Statue, Rule, Policies & Procedures and any other documents related to this program which can be found in the links below on this page prior to applying for the TCIP grant. The State of Utah assumes no liability for non-public, confidential or proprietary information that is disclosed, intentionally or unintentionally, during the TCIP review and application process.
PRE-APPLICATION: This serves to determine the nature of applicants’ technologies and assess eligibility.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: ALL qualified pre-applicants must submit by the deadline to have their application considered. All university team applications must be reviewed by one of the pre-screening entities found in the draft rules.
IN-PERSON PRESENTATIONS: All presentations will take place at Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development at 60 E. South Temple on the Third Floor – the offices are in the World Trade Center of Utah building adjacent to the City Creek Center in Downtown Salt Lake on the southwest corner of South Temple and State Street. (Parking at City Creek Center will be validated.) Please block 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. Specific presentation date & times for applicants TBD