Life in Utah is good. The state offers a mix of culture, history and natural beauty that few places can match. Utah is home to world-class skiing, multiple national parks and national forests, the world’s premier independent film festival, as well as a broad range of music venues, water parks, athletic teams and much more. All of this makes Utah not only a great place to do business, but a great place to live.
Plan a Visit to Utah
- Visit Utah
- Ski Utah
- Salt Lake Downtown Alliance
Map of Downtown Nightlife
- Local Food
- Now Playing Utah – Utah’s Events Calendar
- Utah Olympic Legacy Foundation
- Utah is home to five national parks, seven national monuments, two national recreation areas and six national forests.
- Utah has 14 world-class ski resorts, most within a one-hour drive from Salt Lake International Airport.
- The Tony Award-winning Utah Shakespeare Festival draws more than 141,000visitors each year.
- Utah also enjoys 43 state parks that in most other states would seem like national parks with similar vistas and venues.
- The Sundance Film Festival, which takes place each January in Park City, showcases the world’s best independent filmmaking and draws 46,000 visitors and celebrities from around the world.
- Utah ranked No. 6 among America’s healthiest states by the United Health Foundation in 2013. Utah also ranked No. 1 in the quality of healthcare and 4th lowest in cost. (American Heart Association)
- Utah cities in Kiplinger’s Personal Best Cities for Every Age, 2012:
- Salt Lake City
- St. George
- Salt Lake City ranked No. 1 in Kiplinger’s 10 States with the Biggest Rate of Job Growth in 2013 and 2012.
- Utah ranked No. 12 in the national Gallup Healthways Well-Being Index for 2014.
A Sampling of Utah Attractions
1. Temple Square
One of Utah’s top tourist destinations. Attractions include the iconic Salt Lake Temple and the Church History Museum.
2. Utah’s Hogle Zoo
Covering 42 acres, the zoo boasts more than 800 animals.
3. Lagoon Amusement Park
This amusement park has nearly 50 rides, along with games and
a water park.
4. Clark Planetarium
The planetarium features space exhibits, educational shows and
current movie releases in its IMAX theatre.
5. Natural History Museum of Utah
This beautiful museum showcases Utah’s natural history with artifacts, dinosaurs exhibits, science displays and hands-on activities.
6. Timpanogos Cave Monument
A short but invigorating hike leads to three spectacular caverns high
in the Wasatch Mountains.
7. Antelope Island
The largest island in the Great Salt Lake, Antelope Island is a prime destination for camping, hiking, biking, horseback riding and viewing wildlife. www.stateparks.utah.gov/parks/antelope-island
8. Miller Motorsports Park
This state-of-the-art road racing facility caters to automobiles,
motorcycles and karts.
9. Heber Valley Historic Railroad
View the beautiful Heber Valley while riding a vintage train.
10. Thanksgiving Point
The institute encompasses museums, gardens, restaurants, activities and events.
An Ideal Climate
Utah boasts a four-season climate with lots of sunshine and low humidity.
- Mountain ranges protect the Salt Lake metropolitan area from harsh weather.
- Geography encompasses mountains and fertile valleys, arid deserts, sand dunes and thriving pine forests.
- Average daytime high temperatures range from 37 degrees in January to 93 degrees in July.
The Greatest Snow on Earth!®
- Readers of SKI magazine ranked three Utah resorts in the top 10 North American resorts for 2012-2013:
- No. 2 Deer Valley
- No. 4 Park City Mountain Resort
- No. 10 Canyons
- Canyons and Sundance were named among the five best ski resorts for families by Outside magazine.
- TransWorld Snowboarding magazine ranked Park City Mountain Resort the No. 7 overall resort, the No. 8 terrain park and No. 4 pipe in
- North America.
- SKI magazine ranked three Utah resorts best value in the West:
- No. 3 Powder Mountain
- No. 8 Alta
- No. 9 Brighton
Salt Lake City was just named as one of Zagat’s Up-and-Coming Food Cities Around the U.S. thanks to an emerging farm-to-table culture and a growing base of award-winning local producers like Creminelli Fine Meats, Slide Ridge Honey and Honey Wine, Snowy Mountain Sheep Creamery, and Amano Artisan Chocolate, as well as statewide local pastured poultry and meat products and dozens of farmers markets.
In addition, several homegrown Utah restaurants have been featured on the Food Network:
- The Blue Plate Diner
- The Burger Bar
- The Lone Star Taqueria
- Pat’s Barbecue
- The Red Iguana
- Ruth’s Diner
- Moochie’s Meatballs
- Kobe Sushi
- Crown Burgers
- Bruges Waffles and Frites
- Les Madeleines
- Shooting Star Saloon
Epic Brewing Company // www.epicbrewing.com
The Desert Edge Pub // www.desertedgebrewery.com
Squatters Pub Brewery // www.squatters.com
Wasatch Brew Pub // www.wasatchbeers.com
Bohemian Brewery // www.bohemianbrewery.com
Red Rock Brewing // www.redrockbrewing.com
Uinta Brewing // www.uintabrewing.com
Utah Olympic Oval
5662 South 4800 West (Cougar Lane)
Salt Lake Ice Center/
301 W. South Temple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Figure Skating, Short Track Skating
3200 S. Decker Lake Dr.
West Valley City, Utah
The Peaks Ice Arena
100 No. Seven Peaks Blvd.
Ice Sheet at Ogden
4390 Harrison Blvd.
Park City Mountain Resort
1310 Lowell Avenue
Park City, Utah
Giant Slalom, Snowboarding Parallel
Deer Valley Mountain Resort
2250 Deer Valley Drive
Park City, Utah
Slalom, Freestyle Aerials
and Freestyle Moguls
Utah Olympic Park
Olympic Parkway and Highway 224
at Kimball Junction
Bobsleigh, Luge, Skeleton,
Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined
(Wasatch State Park)
2002 Soldier Hollow Drive
Biathlon, Cross-Country Skiing
Snowbasin Ski Resort
Highway 167 (Trapper’s Loop)
Downhill, Super G, Combined
Rice Eccles Olympic Stadium
University of Utah Campus
Salt Lake City
Opening and Closing Ceremonies, Home of Olympic Cauldron
University of Utah Campus
Salt Lake City
Utah Sports Teams
Utah Jazz // NBA Basketball
Real Salt Lake // MLS Soccer
Utah Grizzlies // ECHL Hockey
Salt Lake Bees // Pacific Coast League Baseball
Orem Owlz // Pioneer League
Ogden Raptors // Pioneer League
BYU Cougars // NCAA Division I
Utah Utes // NCAA Division I
Utah State Aggies // NCAA Division I