Innovation, industry, education and good governance culminate in Utah to create a diverse and thriving economy. World-class companies in Utah create synergies in their respective industries. Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) is actively encouraged. Firms can find ideal suppliers, buyers and technical expertise in the state. A wide range of technical, managerial and linguistic expertise is also available to firms located in Utah. Whether you are looking for a place to buy, sell, relocate or invest, Utah can help you accomplish your business goals in the U.S.
EB-5 Visa Investor Program
The EB-5 investor program in the State of Utah provides opportunities to invest in Utah’s commercial enterprise and create jobs in the state. The EB-5 visa program offers its participants nearly all the benefits of U.S. citizenship, such as access to education at rates of in-state residents and the ability to live anywhere regardless of where the investment is made. Those who qualify receive a permanent visa for themselves and each member of their family who is less than 21 years of age.
EB-5 Visa is suitable for:
- Foreign entrepreneurs who invest US$1 million in a commercial enterprise in a targeted employment area that will benefit the U.S. economy and create at least ten full-time U.S. jobs. Other program variations may be available, please inquire.
- Immediate family members of EB-5 foreign entrepreneur visa applicants
- You must invest at least $500,000 in a targeted employment area (high unemployment or rural area). In return, USCIS may grant conditional permanent residence to the individual
Four approved EB-5 Visa Regional Centers are located in Utah
- Utah Regional Investment Fund, LLC
- Golden Lamp Regional Center
- Mountain States Center for Foreign Investment (MSC)
- Invest U.S. Regional Center
Salt Lake City Foreign Trade Zone
The foreign trade zone project is comprised of 57 acres (23 hectares) adjacent to the Union Pacific Intermodal Rail Terminal and close to the city’s international airport and major interstate highways. Companies operating within the foreign trade zone can import parts and other products into the zone then store, repackage, or use them for manufacturing without paying import duties. For more information visit www.edcutah.com or www.trade.gov.
Top Industries in Utah (Utah GDP in Billions of USD)
- Manufacturing: $17.6
- Retail/Wholesale Trade: $14.3
- Finance and Insurance: $13.9
- Professional, scientific, and technical services: $7.8
- Health care and social assistance: $7
- Information: $4.5
- Mining: $2.8