United Kingdom (Archive)July 8-10, 2013
This Trade Mission will be led by Utah Governor Gary R. Herbert.
The United Kingdom is the seventh largest economy in the world ($2.3 trillion) and is the largest market in the world for Utah exports. More than 7,500 U.S. firms have a presence in the United Kingdom, which is also the top location in Europe for U.S. regional headquarters covering Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The sectors with promising economic growth include:
– Aerospace: The United Kingdom aerospace industry is the second largest behind the U.S. Total United Kingdom aerospace sales in 2011 were $36.6 billion. Military aircraft sales have increased by 35 percent since 2002. Demand in the United Kingdom includes: aircraft systems and frames, engines, and equipment.
– Medical Equipment: Valued at $8.5 billion, the United Kingdom medical equipment market is the world’s sixth largest and Europe’s third largest. The U.S. is the most important overseas source of medical devices, with an estimated $1.7 billion or 20 percent share of the market in 2011.
– Information and Communication Technology (ICT): The United Kingdom is a highly sophisticated market with strong demand for products and services that improve productivity, including ICT software and services that lower costs and improve business efficiencies.
– Security: There is ongoing, strong demand for a wide range of equipment and services related to safety, security, and cyber security.
– Environmental Technologies and Low Carbon Energy Products and Services: The United Kingdom Climate Change Act is the world’s first long-term, legally binding framework to address climate change through renewable energy with a target of 34 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2020, and 80 percent by 2050. The United Kingdom’s commitment to low-carbon targets is driving market demand for U.S. products and services in the area of renewable energy, low carbon technologies, green technologies, and Smart Grid technologies.
Reasons to Attend
– Appointments with key government officials and industry experts
– Networking opportunities with chambers of commerce and U.S. companies doing business in-country
– One-to-one meetings with pre-qualified distributors and potential business partners
– Pre-arranged logistics including hotels, ground transportation, interpreters, and daily itinerary
Trade Mission Photos
News Stories and Press Releases
Quotes from trade mission participants
“This was a great networking opportunity to meet companies both locally and in the UK.”
“Being given the opportunity to meet with companies and officials from London and the UK was an extremely unique and a special opportunity, one which only the GOED would be able to successfully organize. Having one-on-one meetings with top business leaders in this region is unprecedented and will allow us to position ourselves well ahead of the curve. We appreciate the foresight and hard work of GOED that it took to make this happen.”
Joris Vanden Berghe
Nu Skin Enterprises
“Being on my first trade mission, I was impressed with the organization, professionalism and opportunities provided by the Governor’s Office of Economic Development. It is a unique opportunity to join a trade mission and be exposed to things that as a business person you would not have that ability to do on your own.”
“Overall the trip was very educational, and I enjoyed learning about the opportunities within the UK as well as the other delegates who participated on this trip.”
Kaddas Enterprises, Inc.
“The UK Trade Mission was well organized and offered an agenda that facilitated meetings and receptions geared towards businesses seeking to establish or grow their business with in a foreign economy.”