Japan 2015April 20-24, 2015
April 21 – 24, 2015
- One-to-one meetings with pre-qualified distributors and potential business partners
- Networking opportunities with chambers of commerce and U.S. companies in Japan
- Appointments with industry experts and government officials
- Pre-arranged logistics
- Availability of State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) matching grants to offset travel expenses for qualifying Utah small business (up to $3,000)
March 6 – for Matchmaking Meetings
Monday (Evening) Thursday (23rd)
Arrive in Japan Transit to Osaka or MedTech Japan* (optional)
Tuesday (21st) Friday (24th)
Business Matchmaking Meetings Business Matching Meetings in Osaka
U.S Embassy Country Briefing U.S. Embassy Country Briefing
Business Matchmaking Meetings
Japan Business Briefings
Evening Networking Reception
*MedTech Japan is Asia’s largest tradeshow dedicated to the design and manufacture of medical devices
ESTIMATED COST AND FEES PER PERSON
Hotel $250 per night
Participation Fee TBD
*Matching grants up to $3,000 are available for qualifying Utah businesses to help offset trade mission expenses.
Participation fee covers coordination, country/educational briefings and receptions, as well as ground transportation where necessary to group events. Cost and fees are subject to change due to space availability, exchange rates, and schedule changes.
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL AND LODGING
Flight bookings and lodging are to be made individually by participants. Group hotel rates for the trade mission will be available.
For more information, please contact:
Several matching grants through the State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) program have been reserved for the Japan Trade Mission to offset approved travel expenses for qualifying Utah small businesses. Expenses eligible for reimbursement include:
- Airfare (Fly America provisions apply)
- Gold Key Service
- Interpretation service
- Ground transportation costs within the hosting locale
- Per Diem (lodging and meals, based on U.S. Department of State per diem for the locality)
- Participation fees
Travel reimbursements are available for qualifying Utah based small businesses. Funds are made available by the U.S. Small Business Administration through the Governor’s Office of Economic Development. STEP awards are for up to $3,000 and require a 25 percent cash match by the recipient up to $1000.
Please complete the Japan Trade Mission 2015 Application (STEP and B2B) if you would like to be considered for a STEP matching grant. To inquire about your eligibility to receive a STEP grant, please contact:
(801) 538-8778 office
(801) 580-1685 cell
Trade Mission Applications
Please complete one of the three online applications below if you would like to be considered to participate on the Japan Trade Mission.