Office of Economic Development
The Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED) charter is based on Governor Herbert’s commitment to economic development statewide.
The mandate for this office is to provide rich business resources for the creation, growth and recruitment of companies to Utah and to increase tourism and film production in the state.
The Governor’s Office of Economic Development accomplishes this mission through the administration of programs that are based around industries or “economic clusters” that demonstrate the best potential for development. The Governor’s Office of Economic Development utilizes state resources and private sector contracts to fulfill its mission.
Vision of the Governor’s Office of Economic Development
Utah will lead the nation as the best performing economy and will be recognized as the premier global business environment and tourist destination.
Mission of the Governor’s Office of Economic Development
GOED’s mission is to enhance quality of life by increasing Utah’s revenue base and improving employment opportunities.
- Monitor, improve and promote the economic health of both urban and rural communities.
- Attract new investors and companies while supporting the expansion of existing Utah businesses.
- Assist entrepreneurs and engage under-represented populations in starting new companies and growing existing businesses.
- Expand tourism and the infrastructure to support it.
- Encourage film production in the state.
- Support and leverage both partner agencies and community leaders to create proactive, unique economic development solutions statewide.
Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development
60 East South Temple, 3rd Floor
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Toll Free: 855-204-9046