Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a Federal Communication Commission (FCC) program that helps households struggling to pay for internet service. This benefit connects eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, virtual classrooms., and more.
The ACP Replaces the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB). Recipients fully enrolled as of December 31, 2021 in the EBB will automatically continue to receive their current monthly benefit until March 1, 2022. You can learn more about the program transition and steps you may need to take to stay enrolled after March 1, by visiting fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit.
Eligible households can receive a discount:
- Up to $30/month towards broadband service, including unlimited data plans.
- Up to $75/month for tribal households.
- Up to $100/one-time to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if the household contributes $10 to $50 toward the purchase price.
You are eligible for ACP if one member of your household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines;
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income program. Final program rules will be adopted by the Commission in January.
Two Steps to Enroll
- Go to ACPBenefit.org to submit an application or print out a mail-in application.
- Contact your preferred participating provider to select a plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
Some providers may have an alternative application that they will ask you to complete.
Eligible households must apply for the program AND contact a participating provider to select a service plan.
- Check provider participation in Utah
- Check service in your area or Companies near me
- Ask your provider if they offer a discount on devices
For more information, including in various translations about the Affordable Connectivity Program, please visit fcc.gov/ACP.