Today, the USDA announced that up to $21 Million in grants will be made available to promote rural broadband access through the Community Connect Grant program. The Program serves rural communities where broadband service is not available, but where it can make a tremendous difference in the quality of life for citizens. All applications must be received within 30 days, by July 11, 2013. This announcement will take into consideration new rules to better target Community Connect broadband grants to areas where they are needed the most.
The Utah Broadband Project is eager to see Utah fully utilize this funding opportunity to increase service in our most rural and remote areas of the state. The Project is able to provide data, upon timely request, to eligible entities that are interested in applying for this grant program.
To learn more about the Community Connect Grant Program and for eligibility and application instructions, please use these resources:
- USDA-hosted webinars on June 18, 25 or July 2: https://www.rurdev.usda.gov/SupportDocuments/utpCommunityConnect2013WebExFlyer.pdf
- Community Connect Fact Sheet: https://www.rurdev.usda.gov/SupportDocuments/UTP-Community-Connect-Factsheet.pdf
- Notice of Funding Availability: https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013-06-11/pdf/2013-13827.pdf
- Grant Application Guide: https://www.rurdev.usda.gov/SupportDocuments/utp2013CommConnectAppGuide.pdf
- Updated Program Rules: https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2013-05-03/pdf/2013-10502.pdf