Event Service Industry Revitalization Grant
The Utah Legislature authorized $4,500,000 to Utah-based privately owned event equipment or service providers that primarily work off-premise, and were negatively impacted by COVID-19. The new program is called the Event Service Industry Revitalization Grant.
The new grant will support businesses that were not adequately covered by previous state-sponsored COVID-19 programs. If the company previously received funding from the federal Shuttered Venue Operators Grant, it does not qualify for the state’s new Event Service Industry Revitalization Grant.
For-profit and nonprofit entities:
- Event equipment or service providers, operating primarily off-premise
- Must have experienced at least a 30% quarterly loss in revenue (see calculation below)
- Be registered with the Utah Division of Corporations and Commercial Code (if required)
- Claim Utah as its headquarters and principal place of business
- Must have been an active business in Utah on or before Jan. 1, 2019
- Must not have changed ownership since Jan. 1, 2019
- Have not ceased operations
- Have not initiated bankruptcy proceedings
- Have not received a Shuttered Venue Operators Grant
- Have not been disbarred or suspended from receiving federal funds
- Are not a promoter, artist manager, or venue owner, and does not share ownership with a promotion, artist management, or venue entity
Note: Government entities do not qualify.
- Signed W-9
- Profit & Loss Statement for a three consecutive month period in 2019
- Profit & Loss Statement for the same three consecutive month period in 2021 or 2022 (Note: COVID-19 related grants and forgiven loans must be shown as revenue)
- Profit & Loss Statement for all of 2019
Grant Award Amounts
Review Loss Calculation
We calculate revenue loss for the Event Service Industry Revitalization Grant by comparing any consecutive three months in 2019 to the same three-month period in 2021 or 2022.
Tranche A: $1,750,000
- Businesses with 2019 annual revenue less than $350,000
- Award 15% of 2019 revenue up to $52,500
Tranche B: $1,750,000
- Businesses with 2019 annual revenue between $350,000 and $1,000,000
- Award 15% of 2019 revenue up to $150,000
Tranche C: $1,000,000
- Funds have been exhausted
The grant program prioritizes each tranche to applicants with the highest percentage of revenue loss.
Funds may be moved from one tranche to another if the applications do not exhaust the total amount identified. The grant program will prioritize small businesses in Tranche A. Maximum award amounts may be adjusted based on the number of applications received.
The grant reopened on August 23, 2022, at 8 a.m. and will close on December 31, 2022.
If you’re new to the office grant programs, please complete the New Portal User Request to receive login credentials. This process takes about one business day.
If you already have login credentials, you can access the portal by clicking the Apply Now button when the grant application period is open.
If you have any questions or feedback about the Event Service Industry Revitalization Grant, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.