- This event has passed.
SBIR Week in the Rockies
This US Small Business Administration (SBA) virtual event will connect entrepreneurs working on advanced technology to the country’s largest source of early stage funding – the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Also known as America’s Seed Fund, the SBIR/STTR programs focus on next generation research & development (R&D) and is led by the SBA with 11 participating federal agencies. The SBIR/STTR programs annually provided over $3.7 billion in non-dilutive early-stage technology funding.
This online event will provide small businesses, innovators, researchers, entrepreneurs and technology companies in Mountain West states, including women and minority entrepreneurs, the opportunity to engage directly with federal SBIR/STTR program managers and other federal officials representing agencies such as:
- The Department of Defense (DoD)
- Department of Education (DoED)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Federal Laboratory Consortium (FLC)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
Live panel discussions, presented via webinar, featuring Program Managers from SBIR agencies
- August 10, 2020 – 8:45 am – 1:30 pm
One-on-One Meetings with Federal Program Managers
Companies participating in the event will be offered up to three free 15-minute videoconference pitch sessions with federal Program Managers from SBIR/STTR agencies.
- By appointment, August 12.
- Hurry! You must register by August 3 to secure appointments with federal officials.
Utah Industry and Innovation Center Consultations
Each Utah company participating in the event will be offered a free 15-minute videoconference consultation with the Utah Industry and Innovation Center of the Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development.
- By appointment, August 10-11
- After registering, please check your ticket receipt in your email inbox for the link to sign up for your consultation.