The Utah Legislature appropriated $5,000,000 in economic development grants to be used to assist Utah organizations that promote and support economic opportunity and provide services related to live events, industry, education, community, or infrastructure.
Priority is given to applications that create jobs and support targeted industries within Utah.
The application process will open on July 6, 2021, at 9 a.m. and close on July 9, 2021, at 5 p.m. (MDT). This is not a first-come, first-serve grant. All eligible applications will be reviewed.
GOED’s grant application system requires advance registration. Sign-up here to create a user account.
If you’ve already applied for a GOED grant, you’ll use the same credentials as before.
Preference is given to organizations that:
- Submit a complete application
- Provide services related to live events, industry, education, community, or infrastructure
- Promote and support economic opportunity
- Contribute to job creation
- Support Go Utah’s targeted industries: advanced manufacturing, aerospace & defense, energy, financial services, life sciences & healthcare innovation, outdoor products & recreation, software & information technology, or tourism & film
- Identify clear metrics that will be used to measure success
- Leverage other funding sources
- Have sound organizational and project budgets
- Have a one-time project-based need for funding
- Completed and signed W-9 (information must match what is on file with the IRS and the same address, as stated earlier in the application, that will be used to mail grant funds)
- Detailed project budget. Include all sources of funding including other state funds secured for the project
- Applicant’s prior, current, and projected year budgets