The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) announced 69 topics for FY 2023 SBIR/STTR Phase I Release 1. The Office of Advanced Scientific Computing Research (ASCR), Office of Basic Energy Sciences (BES), Office of Biological and Environmental Research (BER), and the Office of Nuclear Physics (NP) are participating in this solicitation.
The early release of topics allows applicants to identify technology areas of interest and begin formulating innovative responses and partnerships. If you have questions about specific topics, please contact the appropriate individual.
A webinar discussing the funding opportunity and the application process will be held on Friday, Aug. 12, with letters of intent due Aug. 29, 2022. A letter must be submitted before the proposal.
Click on this link to learn more about the 2023 SBIR/STTR Phase 1 Release 1
Important dates to remember:
- Funding Opportunity Announcement Issued: Monday, Aug. 8, 2022
- Letter of Intent Due Date: Monday, Aug. 29, 2022, at 3 p.m.
- Non-responsive LOI Feedback Provided: Monday, Sept. 19, 2022
- Application Due Date: Tuesday, Oct. 11, 2022, at 9:59 p.m.
- Award Notification: Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2023
- Start of Grant Budget Period: Monday, Feb. 13, 2023
All times listed are Mountain Daylight Time.