The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program 22.1 Solicitation, 70RSAT22R00000005 is now open for proposal submissions!
During the solicitation period, DHS will accept proposals for topics until 11:00 a.m. MT on January 19, 2022. Interested small businesses must submit proposals through the SBIR portal.
Information on the solicitation and the following 11 research topic descriptions are available on SAM.gov.
The 11 topics are:
- DHS221-001 – Automated Artificial Intelligence (AI) Distress Alerts and Monitoring
- DHS221-002 – Rapidly deployable countermeasures at protected perimeters and structures
- DHS221-003 – Non-Invasive and Real-time Detection of Counterfeit Microelectronics
- DHS221-004 – Broadband Push-to-Talk Interoperability Platform
- DHS221-005 – A Step Towards Agent Agnostic Detection of Biological Hazards
- DHS221-006 – Streamlined Airport Checkpoint Screening for Limited Mobility Passengers
- DHS221-007 – Mass Fatality Tracking System (MFTS)
- DHS221-008 – Next Generation High-Performance, Low Cost, Semiconductor-Based Spectroscopic Personal Radiation Detectors (SPRDs)
- DHS221-009 – Field Forward Detection Platform for High Consequence Toxins
- DHS221-010 – Person Worn Detector for Aerosolized Chemical Threats
- DHS221-011 – From Port-Side to Pen-Side: Low Cost Detection/Diagnostics for High-Consequence Transboundary or Nationally Reportable Animal Diseases, Particularly Those with Zoonotic Propensity
The DHS SBIR Program is a competitive contract awards program that encourages innovative and creative U.S. small businesses to participate in federal research and development projects, as well as private sector commercialization of SBIR-funded solutions.
For more information about the DHS SBIR program, the Deconstructing SBIR webinar series offers a snapshot and highlights opportunities for small businesses to work with DHS.
If your Utah small business intends to apply or you have questions about this funding opportunity, please contact the Utah Innovation Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.