The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has issued its FY 2021 Phase I Release 2 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for the SBIR and STTR Programs. Qualified small businesses with strong research capabilities in science or engineering in any of the research areas sought in the announcement are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible to submit a Phase I application, the DOE requires that you first submit a Letter of Intent by January 4 , 2021 (View an online tutorial on how to submit a letter of intent at https://go.usa.gov/xyJ3c.) All Phase I applications must be submitted through the Grants.gov web portal by February 22, 2021 9:59 pm MT. Read the full FOA here.
The following DOE program offices are participating in this Funding Opportunity Announcement:
- Office of Cyber Security, Energy Security, and Emergency Response
- Office of Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation
- Office of Electricity
- Office of Environmental Management
- Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- Office of Fossil Energy
- Office of Fusion Energy Sciences
- Office of High Energy Physics
- Office of Nuclear Energy
See full details on topics for this FOA here.
A FOA webinar held Friday, December 18th will provide a 45-minute overview of the DOE SBIR/STTR technology areas, application and award process, and time for Q&A. Click here to register.
If your Utah small business intends to apply or you have questions about this funding opportunity, please contact the Utah Industry and Innovation Center at email@example.com.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Letter of Intent Due: Monday, January 4 , 2021
- Non-responsive LOI Feedback Provided: Monday, January 25, 2021
- Application Due Date: Monday, February 22, 2021
- Award Notification Date: Monday, May 17, 2021*
- Start of Grant Budget Period: Monday, June 28, 2021*
*Dates subject to change