The U.S. Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT) SBIR’s FY21 pre-solicitation period is now open through February 2, 2021, 3:00 pm MT. The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program invites small business concerns to review the pre-solicitation notice for opportunities within its Fiscal Year 2021 (FY21) SBIR Phase I solicitation. Learn more on the U.S. DOT website and read the FY21 pre-solicitation notice. Note: This is a pre-solicitation notice; no submissions are accepted at this time.
During the pre-solicitation period, technical questions concerning the proposed research topics shall be directed to the U.S. DOT topic authors via an online forum. Please read the pre-solicitation notice for instructions.
The proposed FY21 research topics include:
- 21-FH1: Device for Assessing Environmental Impact of Post-Consumer Waste Plastic in Highway and Airfield Materials and Pavements
- 21-FH2: In-situ Determination of Pore Solution Resistivity
- 21-FH3: Accelerating Performance Testing Using the Asphalt Mixture Performance Tester (AMPT) Equipment
- 21-FH4: Reference Hardware for Infrastructure GPS Abnormality Detector for Connected and Automated Vehicle Applications
- 21-FM1: Automated Vehicles: Deployment of Traffic Warning Devices (Triangles)
- 21-FM2: Readiness Assessment Technology
- 21-FR2: Wheel Measuring Device
- 21-FT1: Robots for Unmanned Disinfection and Decontamination of Transit Assets
- 21-FT2: Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Inspect, Repair and Sanitize Transit Vehicles
- 21-NH1: Securing Safe Passage when Crossing a Roadway to Board Buses
- 21-NH2: Ignition Interlock Device Data-Integrated Mobile Device App
- 21-PH1: Lithium Ion Battery Packaging
Full descriptions of each proposed research topic are included in Appendix A of the pre-solicitation notice.
If your Utah small business intends to apply or you have questions about this funding opportunity, please contact the Utah Industry and Innovation Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.