Utah Manufacturing Modernization Grant
The $10 million Utah Manufacturing Modernization Grant incentivizes Utah businesses to modernize, establish, relocate, retain, or develop manufacturing in the state. Its goal is to modernize Utah companies’ manufacturing, increase supply chain resilience, and lessen American dependence on foreign manufacturing.
- The project must be in Utah
- The company must contribute to the cost of the project
Preference is given to Utah businesses that:
- Submit a complete application
- Verify that the proposed project will establish, relocate, retain, or develop the manufacturing industry in the state; it will also increase supply chain resilience and lessen dependence on overseas manufacturing
- Have additional funding sources or existing or planned partnerships to benefit the proposal
- Can prove that the project and company are viable and sustainable
- Identify clear metrics used to measure success
- Have sound organizational and project budgets
- Are aligned with a Utah targeted industry
- Have fewer than 250 full-time employees
- Provide a higher cost share of the project
This funding opportunity opened on June 1 and closed on June 30, 2022.