The Governor’s Office of Economic Development recently released its annual publication, Business In Utah. The magazine reports on the state’s flourishing economy and features economic development success stories from throughout the state, and the incredible leaders behind these stories. It also profiles the state’s recent accomplishments in industries such as aerospace and defense, life sciences and outdoor recreation.
“This year’s publication highlights the amazing economic development efforts taking place in every corner of our state,” says Val Hale, GOED executive director. “The accomplishments of these individuals and companies are truly amazing, and I encourage you to read about them.”
In this year’s Business In Utah magazine, read these stories, and more:
- Interview with Gov. Gary Herbert and how his focus on cutting red tape has given the state a competitive edge, resulting in Utah being one of the top-performing economies in the nation.
- Learn why technology companies are setting up shop on Utah’s Silicon Slopes for much less than they can in Silicon Valley.
- The University of Utah’s first-of-its-kind program for entrepreneurs, a Master’s of Business Creation.
- How Utah’s institutions of higher education offer affordable and accessible opportunities that benefit workers and companies alike.
- Meet the local leaders of three Utah communities: Duchesne County, Helper and Moab.
Media inquiries: Please contact Go Utah's Media Relations Manager, Tony Young, at email@example.com or 801-538-8722.