With the opening of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) SBIR Phase I solicitation, the Utah Innovation Center is presenting a virtual USDA SBIR Workshop September 28, 2021. Intended for Utah companies, this interactive workshop will provide tips to give your submission the best opportunity to win in this highly competitive process. You will also have the opportunity to hear from a USDA SBIR program manager.
Ahead of the USDA SBIR deadline of November 3, 2021, you will receive valuable information to prepare a competitive submission. The USDA invites qualified small business applications for projects that provide significant societal benefit in areas related to agriculture as well as projects in any technology area that could benefit rural America. The USDA has increased the funding amount per Phase I award to $125,000 and $175,000 depending on the topic.
USDA topics include:
- Forests and Related Resources
- Plant Production and Protection – Biology
- Animal Production and Protection
- Air, Water and Soils
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Rural and Community Development (agricultural focus not required; any technology area that has the potential to provide significant benefit to rural Americans)
- Biofuels and Biobased Products
- Small and Mid-Size Farms
- Plant Production and Protection – Engineering
The workshop will take place Tuesday, September 28 from 1-4 PM MT. For questions, contact the Utah Innovation Center at email@example.com.
Media inquiries: Please contact Go Utah's Media Relations Manager, Tony Young, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-538-8722.