The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has issued funding topics for FY 2022 Phase I Release 1 for the SBIR and STTR Programs. Qualified small businesses with strong research capabilities in science or engineering in any of the research areas sought in the announcement are encouraged to apply. The topics release precedes the Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) which will be released Monday, August 9, 2021.
To be eligible to submit a Phase I application, the DOE requires that you first submit a Letter of Intent by August 30, 2021 (View an online tutorial on how to submit a letter of intent at https://go.usa.gov/xyJ3c.) All Phase I applications must be submitted through the Grants.gov web portal by October 12, 2021 9:59 pm MT.
The following DOE program offices are participating in this solicitation:
- Office of Advanced Scientific Computing Research (ASCR)
- Office of Basic Energy Sciences (BES)
- Office of Biological and Environmental Research (BER)
- Office of Nuclear Physics (NP)
See full details on topics for this FOA here.
Upcoming Topics Webinar
Please register for one or both of the 90-minute topics webinars and hear directly from the DOE Topic Managers as they briefly provide insight into their respective topics. During registration you will be able to submit questions in advance as well as during each webinar.
Webinar 1: ASCR and BES Topics 01-23 Tuesday, July 20, 2021 at 12 PM MT: Register by clicking here
Webinar 2: BER and NP Topics 25-35 Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 12 PM MT: Register by clicking here
Funding Opportunity Announcement Webinar
The DOE will hold a webinar to discuss the Funding Opportunity Announcement (to be issued August 9) and the application process on Friday, August 13, 2021. Important changes to the DOE SBIR and STTR programs for the coming year will also be addressed.
Important Upcoming Dates Event Dates
- Funding Opportunity Announcement Issued: Monday, August 09, 2021
- Letter of Intent Due Date: Monday, August 30, 2021
- Non-responsive LOI Feedback Provided: Monday, September 20, 2021
- Application Due Date: Tuesday, October 12, 2021
- Award Notification Date: Monday, January 03, 2022*
- Start of Grant Budget Period: Monday, February 14, 2022*
If your Utah small business intends to apply or you have questions about this funding opportunity, please contact the Utah Innovation Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media inquiries: Please contact Go Utah's Media Relations Manager, Tony Young, at email@example.com or 801-538-8722.