To help support Utah’s live events industry, $3 million has been designated for the COVID-19 Live Events Grant. The program, managed by the Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED), begins accepting applications on Dec. 15, 2020, at 9 a.m. (MST).
The grant is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the $3 million in grant funding is gone. Applications will close on Dec. 17 at noon.
Qualifying businesses in the live events industry that have lost revenue due to the public health emergency related to the COVID-19 pandemic are eligible to participate in this grant program.
“When we heard about this new grant, we knew Utah’s live events industry, which has struggled during the pandemic, would be grateful for the financial support,” said Val Hale, GOED’s executive director. “Live events are an important part of Utah’s culture, and we hope this grant will help many of these businesses.”
To be eligible for the Live Events Grant, businesses must:
- Be substantially involved in the promotion of performing arts, sports, or similar events
- Have experienced a Utah revenue decline related to COVID-19
- Have employees physically located in Utah
- Have fewer than 250 full-time equivalent Utah employees
- Establish that the use of funds will benefit Utah’s economy
- Verify they’ll spend the awarded grant before Dec. 30, 2020
- Be a for-profit or non-profit business entity properly registered with the Utah Division of Corporations and Commercial Code, or a sole proprietor whose primary place of business is located in Utah
Live Event Grant amounts will be awarded based on:
- Revenue decline of 50% or more: the lesser of 75% of revenue decline or $150,000
- Revenue decline of at least 25% and below 50%: the lesser of 50% of revenue decline or $100,000
- Revenue decline under 25%: the lesser of 25% of revenue decline or $50,000
If they haven’t already participated in a GOED COVID-19 grant program, companies are encouraged to set-up a GOED grant application account now at utahgoed.info/login. Creating an account before applications are due will enable businesses to submit applications as soon as the program opens. If companies wait to create an account, they may experience a 24-hour delay before they can apply.
To learn more about business eligibility, required documentation, additional program details, and to submit applications, click here. Any questions or inquiries about the Live Events Grant may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media inquiries: Please contact GOED's Media Relations Manager, Tony Young, at email@example.com or 801-538-8722.