As a leader in outdoor recreation, Utah continues its tradition of hosting the largest outdoor recreation summit of its kind. The 2020 Summit, “Outdoors Together,” will feature in-person meetings and virtual sessions.
The Utah Office of Outdoor Recreation’s 7th annual Summit will be held at the Utah Valley Convention Center Aug. 25-26, 2020. The Summit will also be streamed to electronic devices.
“We’re excited to present the 7th annual Utah Office of Outdoor Recreation Summit at the Utah Valley Convention Center and, for the first time, online. We invite outdoor enthusiasts everywhere to join with us,” said Pitt Grewe, director of the Utah Office of Outdoor Recreation. “This year will be different from other years, and the things you’ll take away will teach us all how we can work collaboratively to be ‘Outdoors Together.’”
The Summit provides a gathering place for all outdoor recreation sectors to connect, learn, grow, and build a vision for the future, health, and vitality of outdoor recreation in Utah and across the nation.
The virtual options allow the Utah Office of Outdoor Recreation to offer more content and the amazing speakers that participants expect. The hybrid format presents a unique opportunity for the Utah Office of Outdoor Recreation to reach more attendees and share the many benefits of recreating outdoors.
Virtual participants will have opportunities to enjoy the entire Summit or select specific sessions. Regardless of the role played in the outdoor recreation industry or the state in which you live, work and play, participating in the Outdoor Recreation Summit in-person or virtually can be beneficial to participant’s careers and passions.
Highlights of Summit breakout sessions include:
- Care and Management of Volunteers
- Economics of Dark Sky Communities
- Historical and Cultural Stewardship on Public Lands
- I Have an Outdoor Product, How Do I Get It to Market?
- Increased Use of Trails and Outdoor Rec Infrastructure During COVID-19
- International Business and Optimizing Supply Chains
- Locals, Tourists and Different User Groups: How We Can Be Outdoors Together
- Our Recreation Future: Passing Recreation to the Next Generation
- Outdoor Recreation’s Role in the Healthcare Continuum
- Prototyping Your Outdoor Product
- Sexual Harassment and Gender in the Whitewater Rafting Industry
- Transportation Near Public Lands and Recreation Areas: Relationship Between Livable Communities, Active Transit, and Fair Access for All to Recreation Opportunities on Public Lands
- Urban to Rural Outdoor Recreation: Challenges and Best Practices
- Using Data in the Advocacy for and Management of Recreational Outdoor Leadership
- Visitor Management Strategies: Impacts and Inclusivity
- Wheelchair Access on Public Lands
Visit utahoutdoorsummit.com to see more sessions.
Utah Leading the Way
Utah is home to the first Office of Outdoor Recreation in the nation. The state is again leading the way by organizing thought leaders, presenters and relevant content in outdoor recreation.
Be “Outdoors Together” in San Juan County
San Juan County will host a local “watch party” of the Summit. This watch party provides an opportunity for individuals, businesses, and leaders in Southern Utah to join the Summit’s collaborative feel without traveling to the Wasatch Front. Contact Natalie Randall (email@example.com) with questions about the San Juan County watch party, or contact India Nielsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information on setting up a watch party in your area.
Unique Virtual Formatting
We understand “Zoom fatigue.” That’s why we’re offering interactive add-ons like the virtual Trails Forum, Blake Cason’s live session on mindfulness and savoring, and live-streamed morning yoga. Many of the pre-recorded sessions will be shorter than the average webinar, clocking in around 30-45 minutes. This means participants can conveniently pick when, where, and how much of the Summit sessions to watch.
Visit utahoutdoorsummit.com for more information.
Utah Office of Outdoor Recreation Mission
The mission of the Office of Outdoor Recreation is to ensure all Utahns can live a healthy and active lifestyle through outdoor recreation.
Utah Office of Outdoor Recreation Summit Mission
The Outdoor Recreation Summit strives to be a gathering space for all sectors of the outdoor recreation industry to connect, learn, grow and build together with a vision for the future, health, and vitality of outdoor recreation in Utah and across the nation.
Media inquiries: Please contact Go Utah's Media Relations Manager, Tony Young, at email@example.com or 801-538-8722.