Following the success of last year’s Outdoor Recreation Summit, the Office of Outdoor Recreation is pleased to host regional summits in Ogden, Cedar City and Moab this fall. The summits will provide an excellent opportunity for rural communities and businesses to network and learn about where Utah’s recreation economy is going.
The summits will take place on the following dates:
- Ogden – Thursday, Sept. 1, 2016 at the Eccles Conference Center
- Cedar City – Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2016 at the SUU Haze Hunter Conference Center
- Moab – Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2016 at the Red Cliff Lodge
“Our summits will foster collaboration between private, federal, and state entities to promote continual sustainable growth,” said Tom Adams, director of the Office of Outdoor Recreation. “Each corner of the state has its own successes and we want to provide an opportunity for those experiences to be shared and have other communities learn from them.”
With three summits, attendees have three opportunities to from different keynote speakers including:
- Julia Stamps Mallon, co-founder of REI Outessa Summit
- Dave Sakrison, mayor of Moab City
- Cedar City
- Martin Frey, the only man in the world to complete the seven summits and seven seas
- Scott Wyatt, president of Southern Utah University
- Davis Smith, CEO of Cotopaxi
- Mike Caldwell, mayor of Ogden City
For additional information or how to attend one or all three events, please register at utahoutdoorsummit.com.