Business Elevated Podcast (Season 4 Episode 13)
This podcast series features business and government leaders discussing what it’s like to live and work in the great state of Utah.
The Business Elevated podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, YouTube, Spotify and Stitcher.
This episode spotlights the 2022 Talent Ready Apprenticeship Connection (TRAC) Week, which takes place April 11-15 at the Westpointe Workforce Training & Education Center on the Salt Lake Community College campus.
This conversation features an all-star cast, including:
- Vic Hockett, director of the Talent Ready Utah initiative within the state’s Economic Opportunity office
- Peter Reed, Talent Ready Utah program manager for higher education initiatives
- Rick Bouillon, associate vice president of workforce and economic development at Salt Lake Community College
- Amy Andre, a marketing specialist at Stadler US
- Gigi Earnest-Stippich, an electrical apprentice at Stadler US
- Anthony Wernli, a Swiss consultant and expert on vocational pathway programs
These industry professionals join podcast host and Go Utah Communications Director Pete Codella.
TRAC Week is a multi-day exploration of the apprenticeship connection program that provides meaningful work experiences for students to learn the skills needed for a successful career. Listen as the guests discuss how program elements work hand-in-hand with industry and education. Utah adopted its apprenticeship model from Switzerland to train and help students fill the talent pipeline. High school seniors become part-time apprentices, and Utah companies pay for their training, turning them into valuable full-time employees in two to three years. The apprentice model allows students to grow into careers without college debt.
The podcast guests also discuss the benefits companies and education partners realize from participating in TRAC Week, the collaborative workforce ecosystem in Utah, funding for workforce development programs, and much more.
To learn more and register for the 2022 TRAC Week, click here. To learn more about Talent Ready Utah’s TRAC model, click here.