Redeveloping Matching Grant
- The time has expired for filing a land use referendum, or the qualifying project cannot be the subject of any land use referendum or initiative
- Grant money must be spent or encumbered within six months and in accordance with the American Rescue Plan Act
Redevelopment Matching Project
- Rezone vacant, undeveloped land that is currently zoned commercial, industrial, or retail to a zone that allows for the development of residential housing (attached or detached) as a permitted use at a minimum of eight units per acre, and demonstrate the approval of a development’s application with a corresponding residential component; OR
- After January 1, 2021, the land-use authority approves a redevelopment application that allows for the creation of new or additional housing units (attached or detached) at a density of at least eight units per acre
Water Asset Project
- Establish that the project conserves or develops water assets
A matching project applicant may qualify for a grant of up to $2.5 million to match a like amount that the applicant demonstrates it has spent or will spend on a qualifying project.
The matching project applicant may also receive an additional $1.5 million for a qualifying project that includes at least 1,000 housing units or is at least 10 units per acre.
Water asset projects do not require a match.
The funding opportunity opened at 9 a.m. on May 18, 2022, and closed at 12 p.m. on May 24, 2022.