Quality of Life
Utah is an excellent place to visit and an extraordinary place to live. The state captivates visitors and residents alike with its spectacular natural beauty, cultural offerings and year-round recreational opportunities. In some seasons in Utah, it is possible to ski, golf, snowmobile and water-ski on the same day. In addition to its extraordinary scenery, recreation and culture, Utah is safe, clean and affordable, creating exceptional quality of life for the state’s residents.
Some of Our Assets
- The dry, powdery snow found at Utah’s 14 alpine ski resorts is widely considered to be “the greatest snow on earth.”
- Utah’s cost of living is well below national levels, according to most indicators.
- Residents of the state have access to excellent health and medical treatment facilities.
- Utah offers a wealth of world-class outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Utah welcomed more than 23.5 million visitors in 2012.
- Southern Utah has the nation’s greatest concentration of national parks:
- Utah arts enthusiasts enjoy a unique mix of exceptional performing arts experiences.
- Utah sports fans support a variety of professional teams, including:
The Jazz (Basketball)
Real Salt Lake (Soccer)
The Grizzlies (Ice Hockey)
The Blaze (Arena Football)
The Bees (Baseball)
Learn more by watching “Utah: The Brightest Star” six-minute video tour of our state.