Procurement Technical Assistance Centers
Utah Procurement Technical Assistance Centers help small businesses with all phases of Government contracting – federal, state, and local. Counselors provide one-on-one and group instruction that helps clients identify contracting opportunities, which can create growth of market share and revenues for them. The government is an excellent customer because they generally purchase in large quantities, and pay their bills on time.
Save the Date!
9th Annual Utah PTAC Procurement Symposium
Thursday October 23, 2014 at the South Town Expo Center in Sandy
PTAC is an important part of The Governor’s Office of Economic Development, with eight offices throughout the state to assist you. There are specific keys available from your PTAC office as follows:
- BID Match software to find bid opportunities.
- One-on-one counseling
- Workshops and Conferences
- Registration Assistance (DUNS, SAM, ARC)
- Networking facilitation
- Contracting Partnerships:
Prime / Sub
Mentor / Protégé
- 8(a) / Hub Zone Opportunities
- Bid Proposals (response to an RFP)
- Product Specifications / Standards
- Procurement Histories / Pricing Data
- GSA Assistance
PTAC Counselors provide contract assistance training at your site, or at one of our seven locations.This counseling can identify how to marketto military and government, documentation preparation, information on SBA loan guarantees, registration in government databases, etc.
Procurement counselors provide individual counseling on all aspects of government contracting, including assistance in the initial stage of how
to find the right match, how to market to the government, and how to request and prepare solicitation documents. Counselors also provide information on other government programs with agencies like SBA, SBDC, MEP, SCORE, etc.
Client Web Page Bid Match Notifications
PTAC offices utilize a computerized Bid Match program, which compares your company’s products and/or services, in combination with industrial NAICS codes to government solicitations for the things they want to purchase. These purchases can range in scope and type similar to any other very large business procurement effort, and include:
- Federal Agency software and integrated telecommunications circuits
- DoD procurement of environmental remediation solutions
- Federal/State engineering services and all types of equipment
- Construction projects, including home and/or warehouse design/build, to asphalt paving, or grounds maintenance
- International trade opportunities of every description imaginable