The business services team provides resources for Utah's small business owners and entrepreneurs. The team manages several initiatives facilitating economic opportunities for Utah’s businesses and communities.
This team works as a resource to help individuals and businesses recruit and retain international workers. The center coordinates with state and federal government partners to facilitate the successful use of employment visa programs and coordinates with other entities involved in global immigration efforts.
One of the center’s initiatives is the state’s New Americans Task Force. The task force is a statewide effort to develop a comprehensive strategy that maximizes economic opportunities, social inclusion, and civic potential for New Americans while reinforcing an environment of belonging in Utah.
Additional initiatives, administered by other office teams, can also support Utah's small business owners. Some of these initiatives include:
- Center for Rural Development — Works with businesses in Utah’s rural counties, providing them with resources to support entrepreneurs, sustain businesses, develop communities, and improve employment opportunities
- International Trade & Diplomacy — Facilitates diplomacy for the state and leverages diplomatic contacts to develop and expand foreign markets for Utah
- Utah Broadband Center — Advances economic opportunity, energy efficiency, telecommuting, education, and telehealth by enhancing Utah’s broadband infrastructure
- Utah Office of Regulatory Relief – The sandbox may allow waiving state law, temporarily allowing entrepreneurs to determine if customers value products that don't fit within the state's current regulatory framework
- Utah’s Opportunity Zones — Provides investors with endless potential to generate lasting community impact