The business services team provides resources for Utah's small business owners and entrepreneurs. The team manages several initiatives facilitating economic opportunities for Utah’s businesses and communities.
To learn more about business services or to reach a team member, check out our team’s contact information on our team webpage, subscribe to our email newsletters, or follow us on social media.
Doing Business in Utah
Utah APEX Accelerator
Utah Immigration Assistance Center
This team works as a resource to help individuals and businesses recruit and retain international workers. The center coordinates with state and federal government partners to facilitate the successful use of employment visa programs and coordinates with other entities involved in global immigration efforts.
One of the center’s initiatives is the state’s New Americans Task Force. The task force is a statewide effort to develop a comprehensive strategy that maximizes economic opportunities, social inclusion, and civic potential for New Americans while reinforcing an environment of belonging in Utah.
Utah Innovation Center
Utah Small Business Credit Initiative
Other Office Initiatives
Additional initiatives, administered by other office teams, can also support Utah's small business owners. Some of these initiatives include:
- Center for Rural Development — Works with businesses in Utah’s rural counties, providing them with resources to support entrepreneurs, sustain businesses, develop communities, and improve employment opportunities
- International Trade & Diplomacy team — Facilitates diplomacy for the state and leverages diplomatic contacts to develop and expand foreign markets for Utah
- Utah Broadband Center — Advances economic opportunity, energy efficiency, telecommuting, education, and telehealth by enhancing Utah’s broadband infrastructure
- Utah Office of Regulatory Relief – The sandbox may allow waiving state law, temporarily allowing entrepreneurs to determine if customers value products that don't fit within the state's current regulatory framework
- Utah’s Opportunity Zones — Provides investors with endless potential to generate lasting community impact
PODCAST: The Business Services Team
Four Initiatives & One Common Goal: Provide Utah Businesses With Valuable Resources