The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has released topics for their Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) 24.1 Pre-Solicitation.
- DHS241-001 – Agnostic Detection of Synthetic Opioids and Other Illicit Drugs
- DHS241-002 – Data Labeling and Curation at Scale (DLCS) for Machine Learning Algorithms
- DHS241-003 – 911 Voice-over-IP Telephone Dispatchable Location System
- DHS241-004 – Software Defined Radio for Public Safety (SDR-PS)
- DHS241-005 – Video Analysis of Drug and Human Smuggling Activities
- DHS241-006 – Enhancing Mobile Radiological/Nuclear (R/N) Detection Through Contextual Information
- Direct questions to Topic Point of Contact (POC) permitted through December 14, 2023
- Solicitation released: December 15, 2023
- Phase I proposals submission: December 15, 2023 – January 17, 2024
- Questions for public response: January 2, 2024, 11:00 am, MT
- Q&A Posted on SAM.gov: January 10, 2024
- Deadline for receipt of proposals: January 17, 2024, 11:00 am, MT
More information about the pre-solicitation can be found on the DHS SBIR website. During the pre-solicitation period, small businesses can review topics and ask technical questions regarding the topic areas to the topic’s POC. No further contact is permitted after 3:00 p.m. MT on December 14. Proposals are due by January 17, 2024, 11:00 a.m. MT.
Utah Innovation Center hosts DHS Small Business Opportunities Webinar
To help you prepare for your submission and to learn more about DHS’s opportunities, the Utah Innovation Center is hosting DHS for a webinar on Friday, December 1, from 9 to 10 a.m. Join us to learn more about DHS’s opportunities with special guest speakers:
- Megan Mahle, DHS S&T Office of Industry Partnerships, Director
- Dusty Lang, DHS Small Business Innovation Research, Director, and Long Range Broad Agency Announcement, Program Manager
- TBD, Homeland Security Startup Studio
- Dee Parker, DHS S&T, Industry Liaison
Registration is free, and the event will include a Q & A session. Register here.
If your Utah small business intends to apply or you have questions about this funding opportunity, please contact the Utah Innovation Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.