U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) FY 2022 Phase I solicitation is now open.
Application deadline for all topics is March 7, 2022 at 1:00 p.m. MT.
FY22 Research Topics include the following:
Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- 22-FH1: Enforcement of Bridge Load Postings Using Nondestructive Evaluation Techniques
- 22-FH2: AI Video Analysis of Dilemma Zone Conflicts at Signal-Controlled Intersections
- 22-FH3: Concrete Curing Quantification
Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- 22-FR1: Traction Motor Seizing Device
- 22-FR2: Locomotive-Mounted Track Safety Assurance System (LOSAS)
Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- 22-FT1: Reduction of Transit Bus Collisions with Other Vehicles
- 22-FT2: Connecting Individuals in “Food Deserts” to Healthy Foods
- 22-FT3: Blockchain-Enabled Transit Incentivization
- 22-FT4: Tools and Applications Towards Moving to Zero-Emissions
Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
- 22-PH1: Nondestructive, Streamlined Testing and Monitoring of Metal Cylinders and Tanks to Prevent Packaging Failure
- 22-PH2: Autonomous Vehicle Leak Detectors
- 22-PH3: Vibration Sensing System to Monitor for Potential Excavation Damage
- 22-PH4: Underground Natural Gas Storage (UNGS) Advanced Leak Identification and Well Control Solutions
See Section VIII of the FY22 solicitation document for full research topic descriptions.
If your Utah small business intends to apply or you have questions about this funding opportunity, please contact the Utah Innovation Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.