The Department of Education invites qualified small businesses to submit Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Phase I proposals by January 21, 2021. Firms with strong Research/R&D capabilities in education technology products, for use in Standard Education as well as Special Education, are encouraged to participate. Awards are for periods of up to 8-months and are capped at $200,000.
The 2021 priority areas for Standard Education include:
1. Products that apply emerging technologies to support student learning and relevant education outcomes; or
2. Products to modernize assessment and support student learning and relevant education outcomes; or
3. Products used by educators or administrators to inform decision making; or
4. Products to prepare existing evidence-based interventions to be used at scale in education settings; or
5. Products for informal learning to reverse learning loss for the lowest performing students.
The 2021 priority areas for Special Education include:
1. Products to support infants, toddlers or learners with, or at risk for, disabilities, or educators (or other instructional personnel, related services providers, or family members); or
2. Products to prepare existing special education interventions with evidence to be used at scale in education settings.
If you are a Utah small business owner and intend to apply or have questions about this funding opportunity, please contact the Utah Industry and Innovation Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media inquiries: Please contact Go Utah's Media Relations Manager, Tony Young, at email@example.com or 801-538-8722.