The Department of Energy (DOE) has issued topics for their FY 2021 SBIR/STTR Phase I Release 2. The topics release precedes the Funding Opportunity Announcement which is expected to be issued on December 14, 2020 with full applications due February 22, 2021. To be eligible to submit a Phase I application, the DOE requires that you first submit a Letter of Intent by January 4 , 2021.
The topics issued for this application cycle includes the following participating program offices:
- Office of Cyber Security, Energy Security, and Emergency Response (CESER)
- Office of Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation (NNSA)
- Office of Electricity (OE)
- Office of Environmental Management (EM)
- Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE)
- Office of Fossil Energy (FE)
- Office of Fusion Energy Sciences (FES)
- Office of High Energy Physics (HEP)
- Office of Nuclear Energy (NE)
Topic webinars will be held November 16-18 with opportunities to hear directly from the DOE Topic Managers. You can find registration links on the DOE SBIR Funding Opportunity page.
If you are a Utah small business owner and intend to apply or have questions about this funding opportunity, please contact the Utah Industry and Innovation Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Funding Opportunity Announcement Issued: Monday, December 14, 2020
- Letter of Intent Due Date: Monday, January 4 , 2021
- Non-responsive LOI Feedback Provided: Monday, January 25, 2021
- Application Due Date: Monday, February 22, 2021
- Award Notification Date: Monday, May 17, 2021*
- Start of Grant Budget Period: Monday, June 28, 2021*
*Dates subject to change
Media inquiries: Please contact GOED's Media Relations Manager, Tony Young, at email@example.com or 801-538-8722.