Between now and December 5, 2017, service providers can prepare for the National Verifier launch by familiarizing themselves with the transition process. These are targeted trainings for Colorado, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming who are a part of the initial launch for the Lifeline National Eligibility Verifier.
The Universal Serve Administrative Co. set up a To-Do list for Lifeline service providers to prepare for the initial launch. The list includes:
- Send USAC examples of documents you’d like to consider for the National Verifier’s list of acceptable documentation on their website to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for National Verifier trainings (which are listed below)
- Prepare documents for enrollees from July 1, 2017 and on
- Complete all Benefit Qualifying (BQP) fields in existing NLAD records
- Decide whether to complete own document collection process or elect USAC to complete no behalf by Nov 1.
The service provider trainings will give opportunities for providers in the aforementioned group of states to prepare to begin using the National Verifier. USAC will administer trainings via webinars where participants can ask questions in real time. Recorded trainings and slices will be available on USAC’s website by the December 5 soft launch and stakeholders will also have access to accompanying materials. The first training, on October 25 focusing High-Level National Verifier Systems Overview and Migration and Reverification Plan, has passed but various trainings are set up for the month of November:
- November 1: National Verifier System Navigation 3:00-4:30 PM ET; This training focuses on how to navigate the Web Portal, create an account, and obtain additional user support
- November 8: Checking Eligibility 3:00-4:30 PM ET; This training focuses on an applicant’s options for checking their eligibility for Lifeline, and ways in which a service provider can assist a consumer in the process.
- November 9: Submitting Documents 3:00-4:30 PM ET; This training focuses on the acceptable documents than an applicant can submit when their eligibility for Lifeline cannot be automatically verified, how to submit those documents, and ways in which a service provider can assist a consumer in the process.
- November 15: Benefit Transfer and Recertification 3:00-4:30 PM ET; This training focuses on how to check a consumer’s benefit transfer eligibility, the details of the recertification process in NV initial launch states, and the type of guidance stakeholders can give to consumers during the self-certification process
- November 16: Reverification 3:00-4:30 PM ET; This training provides additional information on the reverification process and acceptable documentation
There will be another training that has not yet been announced entitled Generating and Interpreting Reports that will focus on the different reports available to service providers, including how to access and interpret them.