Associate Managing Director for Urban and Rural Business Services and Director of the Office of Rural Development
Rural Economic Development Outreach Specialist
Rural Development Outreach
The Office of Rural Development (ORD) provides grants and incentives and partners with local governments and other organizations to support rural economic growth.
Do businesses in your community have access to the resources they need?
- Funding to assist rural community leaders and service providers with targeted business outreach to facilitate economic growth
Are you seeking to grow your company?
- Up to $50,000 in grant funding for qualified projects
- Incremental funding for new jobs paying above county average wage
Are you seeking to expand or relocate your business in rural Utah?
- Incremental tax credits for new jobs paying above county average wage
- Capital investment tax credits
Is your business generating substantial quantities of new jobs or construction?
- Available in counties with populations of 25,000 or less
- Up to $100,000 in tax credits per eligible project
Does your business reduce or reuse post-consumer waste material?
- 5 percent income tax credit on the cost of machinery and equipment
- 20 percent income tax credit on eligible operating expenses
The Utah Rural Jobs Act enables an eligible small business located in a rural county to expand and create high wage jobs by providing flexible and affordable capital to small businesses in these areas.